About This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Devona Shaw!



What follows underneath is not a translation of this amazing Persian kalaam. The musical piece, however was so much in tune with the frequency within: Devona shaw!
The words come on their own, and I cease to mould them into forms ...


 And there are times when the only way to retain your senses is by losing them.

The only way to keep your head is by letting your hair down; the only way to dance is by losing your feet; the only way to break free is by tightening the chains around; the sole way to maintain that charming form of yours is to melt in that absorbing kiss of the Beloved; the only words that are spoken to your Love are that of silence; and the only harp that plays does so in your bosom.

I want to keep my head, so I let my hair down and whirl in a spiral. There is beginning to an end naught.

I want to dance to the symphony of the Love, so I let my heart guide my moves and the ground embraces my steps naught.

I want to break free from the ordains of the self, so I let me lose on the gallows of Hallaj. Beyond the Self, the self naught.

I want to relish the beauty that is mine, so the vision of me more than in Your eyes, exists naught.

I want to tell You all the pains that my heart endures, so I let myself be the bleeding heart. The words were the sounds, the feel naught.

I want to play all the tunes of my ecstasy, so I beat with my heart. Love brings my melody, the harp naught.

You see, I want to retain my senses, so I stick to my senses, naught.




Since I want to remain sane, so I let myself get crazy.
Perhaps, there is nothing that I do since I so will. Perhaps, its just that I have any choice naught!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And maybe the only way my existance would be felt is to keep a distance !

Beautiful use of contradictions Leenah.. I love it..

leenah. said...

:)
Perhaps. Who knows probably the only way to be certain, is to be sure naught.

You are always too kind IYM! :)