About This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Preaching And Programming

All our lives we keep on listening about the impact of learning and society on one's upbringing. Its the established idea that is behind the millions of schools running all over the world. They TEACH, they FORM, they SHAPE.

But how much important is the DNA that resides in there? How much SHAPE and FORM could be infused in a blob of wet clay when you have a genetic coding embedded in its material, DNA?

Its tricky, isn't it? Think of the old times when people used to talk of "lineage" of "nobility of blood", doesn't sound that senseless, does it? 

So what does this suggest? Character (or lack of it) is whose fault? Not everyone grows up in the supervision of those responsible of its existence. In that case who bears the credit(/discredit) of the personality? How can you program an already coded specimen? What extent of teaching can outgrow the impact of genes? 
Or can it?


Why could we not know this is what genes will program, and this is where we can preach?

2 comments:

msafer said...

Very interesting topic leenah.
I guess that what we have in our genes will not change will it?
But we change our behaviour and attitudes.
As an example I grew up in a conservative place where so many things were considered taboos nowadays i accept it as a normal thing.
However the principles should not change regardless of the the time and place.
I sometimes look around me and wonder what happened to the world (caotic walla) then i ask myself am i right or the things around me are going not right and crazy.
When I go and visit my beloved back home especially in the last visit I was planning to stay permenantly but not long after I arrived I found myself stranger among my people and decided to go back.
So back the gene things.
I think the genes are not pure anymore and we all are exposed to teratogenic materials recently.
OOPs that was long so my apology. I sound like a grumpy grandpa but I am not.
Salam

leenah. said...

msafer, in these times wallah many of us sound like grumpy grand parents (oh poor grandparents! think how grumpy would they be! :P)
Its a strange world, getting stranger day by day.....