About This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Something Stupid


The night is warm and the hour is late. I feel the ticking clock and realize the sand of time slipping through.....
How at times this life with all that heady rush of being sane and wise, seems too short to do what actually could add a meaning to this entire existance. How one would cherish that sweet wonder of doing something unwise, something so childlike, something stupid...



I know I stand in line until you think you have the time 


To spend an evening with me 

And if we go someplace to dance, I know that there's a chance 
You won't be leaving with me 
And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place and have a drink or two 
And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like "I love you" 

I can see it in your eyes 
That you despise the same old lies you heard the night before 
And though it's just a line to you, for me it's true 
And never seemed so right before 

I practice every day to find some clever lines to say 
To make the meaning come through 
But then I think I'll wait until the evening gets late and I'm alone with you 
The time is right, your perfume fills my head, the stars get red and, oh, the night's so blue 
And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like "I love you" 




The time is right, your perfume fills my head, the stars get red and, oh, the night's so blue 
And then I go and spoil it all by sayin' something stupid like "I love you" 

I love you 
I love you 
I love you 


I love you 


3 comments:

Gabriela Abalo said...

to love someone and to say it to the same someone isn't stupid. Love is a blessing, when we really love we are not afraid of saying it to the world, as our love isn't conditional, our love is free and doesn't want to trap... it just want to be expressed...

nice post

loveNlight
Gabi

leenah. said...

Being in love is indeed a blessing, an ecstasy so divine that one may loose all sanity for keep whirling in its trance ..... Cant agree enough with you :)

This post was however, induced by that light heartedness that only being in love induces ;)


Love to hear from you Gabriela :) And its just Great to have your presence at this blog!

Anwar said...

A lovely song of its time...
Thanks.