About This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Keep Watch Over Thy Heart




A thought of  Love, and a thought of Awais of Qarn....


In his “Masnavi” Jalaleddin Rumi writes the following as said by Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) about Awais Qarni:

The Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) says that 

the breeze brings O’men!
The divine perfume from Yemen.
The scent of Ramin comes from Awais
The fragrance of God from Awais.
Awais’ heavenly perfume from God,
Overjoyed the heart of the Prophet of God.
Forsaking his mortal being willingly
That earthly (Awais) become heavenly.





The thought sends shivers down the spine.


The one who always stayed behind the veil of absence in His (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) court, and yet the only one to bear the honor of sharing His pain.
Who broke each tooth in his mouth for the one lost by the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) in Uhud.


A poor, no one, who receives the cloak of the Holy Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم!


I think and I shudder.

I had wanted to write of Love ...

and I recall again what Awais of Qarn said
"عليك بقلبك Alayka bi-Qalbik."

"Keep watch over thy heart"





And I realize how can I!



No comments: