About This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Of Learning And Unlearning: !من تو شدم تو من شدی


My four year old is in total awe of a friend of his at his montessori.
The day his new session began, I was very anxious about his settling in his new class and setup. So when he came back home after the school hours, I asked him about his day at school.

"It was good", replied my angel.

"What was the best part in it?" I asked.

"Ahh... Ayela and lunch!" came the prompt reply.

No brownies for guessing Ayela is the cuty doll, the friend of his, he is crazy about :)



Had it been only this, it would have kept amusing me. But the new developments ask me to probe a bit deeper :)

We usually talk about his goal in life, or of next day atleast, as a kind of ritual that is a part of his bed time routine. So yesterday was no different when I asked him:

"So tomorrow is going to be a good day, and my son is going to be a better person, right?"

"I dont want to become a better-person, mama...." as if immersed in thoughts, to my surprise he objected.

"What do you want to become then?" I asked trying not to sound as baffled as I actually was.

"I want to become Ayela." He stopped, looked at me with suppressed glee and continued, "Then there would be two Ayelas!"


How could you not adore this aim in life! :)



Only if we could not unlearn loving like this when we grow up!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute..

He's got your eyes; your lips and your complexion.. soo sweet..

God bless him.. what's his name ?

leenah. said...

Thanks a bunch, my dear!!! :D

Abdullah is he.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is cuteness, purity and awesomeness! :)

Yes if only we couldn't unlearn loving like this!

Cute he is mashaAllah!

msafer said...

MashaAllah.
I can not believe how much he changed from the last time I saw him.
MaShaAllah.
May Allah protect our kids Ameen Ameen.
Salam

leenah. said...

Thank you gentlemen! :)
jazakAllah khair!

msafer, you must be talking about the 'New Year' post... am I right? :)

msafer said...

I think so leenah