About This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Memory Creepers



A first salary slip ... a dark brown telephone set ... and an emotional me! :)


Many a times its so strange how memories creep into the mental lock up through vacuum.

The advantage of severing one self from any scars of the past is simply HUGE. Nothing in life matches the grandeur of Let It Go.
LIG isn't that simple altogether; it takes quite some part of yourself as well. It makes you wince in anguish, and fills you with a painful throb inside the chest. However, the good part is that this doesn't last forever. The pain finally subsides, and the anguish finally disappears, leaving behind a clearer vision, a brighter view. 
Well, so to say .... :)


Life can never wear the same color, like you! You need to change, even if that means not everyday. 
LIG enables you to not stick to one color life wore one fine time.


And this brings with it immense freedom. I mean IMMENSE!


It lets one smile for a smile that one once smiled. It lets one sway for the rhythm that some sway evoked. It lets one be happy for the time that one felt happy. Yet being fully present in the Present.
It lets one grow out of a mindset that restricts one from becoming a gushing fountain of gratitude, makes one a rich soil for a life that deserves to be lived.





So from absolutely nowhere, there is this thought of a brightly sunlit afternoon of a day at a place that is far far away from now. 






And I smile. 
Remembering. A first salary slip. A dark brown telephone set. And an emotional me!








PS:
Its being pure lucky to be able to have LIG reminders.... 



4 comments:

msafer said...

LIG concept is great.
I found the westerns are good at LIG. I kept asking myself how can westerens do it easily while it is so hard for easterns.
I find LIG is doable when I am so busy, however some memory flashes strike here and there.
Salam

leenah. said...

I agree. It could be Life imparting to life.

Your observation is interesting. Maybe that has to do with warmer regions. Warmer regions mean warmer climates, implying stronger bondings ;)... maybe, just maybe ....

msafer said...

Big smile in here Leenah
I like this analysis. Sounds like a Dr.
Salam

leenah. said...

well.. I did study Physics ;)