About This Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rahbar Material


Whenever seeking people out to be a part of Rahbar - TCF's volunteer based mentoring initiative (https://www.facebook.com/TCF.Volunteer.Programmes/) - one of the most common barriers faced is the misconception that the guides/mentors (Rahbars, as we call them) have to be some super human, oh-out-of-this-world individuals!

The fact of the matter is, there is nothing farther from truth than this notion.  



Think of RAHBAR not as a mythical character from a hollywood flick who needs to have every possible achievement in his(/her) bag of goodies, but as earthly an individual as any (wo/)man of clay is made of. 

#Rahbar is someone
  • who has seen failure,
  • has an idea of how bitter disappointment tastes,
  • has gone through ups and down
  • YET
  • has chosen to keep marching
  • and is eager to take other people along as well

Do you see the picture? Mr. Incredible Hulk and Mr. Batman may very well not forward applications, thank you.

So, to help overcome the limiting fence of self doubt, here is a list of questions I thought I could put forward. Following is a set of a few YES/NO answer questions to let you see for your self if you maybe ignoring the Rahbar within you to come out ... Don't rush to reply, you yourself are the jury and the time-keeper.


Be kind to yourself in time-keeping and be honest in judging. :)

Here we go! 

  1. My recipe of life includes my family as a basic ingredient. Yes or No?
  2. Saying 'sorry' at the end of a conflict is a near death experience for me. Yes or No?
  3. Life is an avalanche and not a D.I.Y (do it yourself) project. Yes or No?
  4. My usual set of adjectives in everyday lingo is positive (wow... amazing ... wonderful ... etc etc). Yes or No?
  5. The most important things in my life are objects. Yes or No?
  6. I can't always be the best but I try my best not to cheat (people, emotions, laws, promises, etc.). Yes or No?
  7. I think my individual contribution can play a role in shaping up the destiny. Yes or No?
  8. I think that as a person, I've grown mature from where I was ten years ago. Yes or No?
  9. I'd rather describe myself as a grateful person than a dissatisfied person. Yes or No?
  10. I'd like me if I met me. Yes or No?


Another Rahbar session is initiating this October, please fill in the form if the Rahbar in you wants to be a part of it! :) 


No comments: