About This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Abida - The Delight To Senses


I was venturing out on youtube looking for something from Abida Parveen, something that could be used as a potion, when the catalyst was amiss. 
Listening to her usually does that ... acts as a potion, a catalyst; a reflective mirror to glance into the nooks hitherto invisible. A solace. A knowing companion.

Strangely enough Abida Parveen hadn't always been there in my idols of melody. Infact there were times I hardly thought I could ever listen to her. Not my cup of tea, thank you!  

But, then things dont remain the same always, do they?

Main nara e mastana was the song from where I joined the bandwagon of this phenomenon they call Abida!
Later, learning the art of listening to her, like one masters the strokes while diving into the sea,  was something I fell into without realizing; Perhaps, because I loved one so strong and since Abida seemed to make the part of the package of the whole that I loved. The intoxication didnt permit the realization bit, it just happened, as if on its own.  There was no looking back then.

And like any other gift of love, I am so glad it happened.


There are a few tracks of her that have already been shared at this blog. Today I was looking for something new, some unheard piece of hers, and I found quite a few lovely tracks. The mood is almost the same in almost all the tracks, so is the feeling, and yet the way each track varies in intensity with the subtlety of her expression is simply amazing.

I have been enjoying a gala this morning.








Okay, this last one wasn't unheard of before, yet since it made such a tasteful part of today's menu, I wont miss this one out...








phir kuch is dil ko beqarari hai
sina zoya-e-zakhm-e-kari hai 


No comments: