About This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY


I was all set to be on road early tomorrow morning heading towards the flood stricken region of Nowshehra, Mardan and around. 
Not anymore, and this sure is frustrating!

The country is facing the worst floods of the century. 15 million people have been affected and 12 million people so far have been uprooted and with the torrential rains never aiming at ceasing and flood waters now racing mercilessly towards the cities in Sindh, the figures are just promising to get more horrifyingly huge. 

The government, as usual in any crisis situation, has gone into hiding and the poor are left at the mercy of the showering skies. This times not even the heavens seem bent upon being kind to the helpless who have nowhere to look upto but to the heavens themselves!

The purpose of the planned trip was not to distribute relief goods by hand, but just to be their by the side of those stranded in water. Distribution of donations is another thing, I merely wanted to lend a human face to the support, just to share a few words, a few sorrows. Just to wipe a few tears, if I could; just to hug a fighting soul with all my might. Just to listen to someone who has been listening to the gushing waters all these days....




  

  

  

  



My heart is aching. The tragedy is of horrendous proportions and the grief of it is too heavy .....


I just wish I had a heftier bank account.



I just wish I could be of more support...


I wish
I so wish!!!!!!!



No comments: