About This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pilgrimage


Yesterday, while driving out of the city during the early hours of the day, little did I know what poetic pleasure I was going to experience in that factory out there! :)
Despite the same heavy traffic and the smog and smoke shrouding even the city outskirts being there on my way back as well, the drive back seemed like a ballet over some softly rippling water currents; thanks to that poem I read in an absolutely unexpected place, which perhaps added quite a lot to its charm! 



I was walking to the rhythm of a song that wouldn't come
When a small girl with a water pot passed by me and smiled
Her abatement was rhythmic and regal was her stance
Delighting all who chanced to glimpse her single minded glance
So, I lost myself completely in a wondrous timeless trance
Making space like a dancer for the Lord of the Dance
And this rhythm so delightful is of mystic time and space
The ancient revelation that the dance itself is Grace
So, I sing for the Dancer in the center that must spin
Until the flower opens for the pilgrim to come in.

Joclyn Ott.

No comments: