About This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rediscovering Zenith



Ever since my son has shown signs of going independent with his art sense, I am enjoying my journey as a spectator of a world I had since long forgotten existed!  


It is pure fun to see him go about so common (read boring) things in such uncommon (read interesting) way. It is he who told me that 5 is inverted 2, and it is S that wears a belt to look 8. 
It is my little boy who pointed out to me that the bird he drew had two big circles under its head, since it was flying and had extended feathers (and he had drawn a top view of it). He also had to take the pain of explaining to his simpleton mum that the bird didnt have any legs because "its flying! you cant see its legs!!!!"

Like anyother boy his age on this planet, cars make his favourite muse. The interesting thing, however, is that the most important feature of his car drawings are windscreen wipers. Moving windscreen wipers. The second most important bit are indicators. Blinking indicators. Needless to say the poor 2D car gets quite a rough hand in all that moving and blinking :)


In the image above that he drew just today, the two vertical lines in front of both the cars are the revered wipers, that he drew at a distance since today they were moving "a lot!" and perhaps had moved out of the car due the movement. The black U-shape with white rectangles on sides, in the middle of the both the cars is his view of the zebra crossing.




After we were done, I surfed through the web going through images that kids his age draw, and tried to imagine the extent of creative thoughts budding in those unadulterated minds, uncompromised understandings. It was so refreshing. So energizing. Seeing little people who could see and make things the way they think them to be, pure creativity. Absolute creativity!


Talking of refreshing, let me share the little chuckle that I had when his art teacher complained a little while back, "He just wouldn't listen" she said. "He always draws the sky at the ground level. He says thats where he stands!"    :))



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May Allah bless your son my dear.. I'm dying to drive one of his cars indeed.. I think it would be fun especially with the Zebra crossing the street.. LOL

Hugs and kisses for him..

Get him into a real art school.. you never know what master pieces he'll end up creating..

leenah. said...

hugs for you too sweet heart :D

JazakAllah khair

Its so much fun borrowing his lens to see this view of the world!

I so keep my fingers crossed :p
InshaAllah

Anonymous said...

It adds so much joy to our life if we continue seeing it with kids innocent eyes..

leenah. said...

wallah so true!