About This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Confession Room


"I have nothing to say."

The girl began meekly and paused, as if trying to catch up her breath after a long marathon.

"I have nothing to say." She repeated.

Silence echoed.

"Not that I dont want to," she paused again, fidgeting. "But  because I have nothing more to say.
"Its a blank page that I stare at and no thought crosses my mind to be marked on that page. I have exhausted all my words."


"Do you realize how crucial is the hour?" Time frowned.


"I do." She tried to maintain her composure.
"But tell me what could I do? What else could I do? The Lord's word speaks of intention, the man's world asks of initiative: I tried with both. But, its not the sought commodity. 
"I could stand for my own word, but I can not change another heart. Hearts can not be changed. By mortals."


"So, you do understand that hearts CAN be changed. Maybe you just aren't good enough." Jury wasn't satisfied.




"Maybe." Her head lifted and she looked ahead.
"But I asked my Lord too, in Whose power lies all. The Lord asks to let go of the thorns and I did drop the weighing cactus of ego." Her voice trailed into silence again.




"So what is it that you ask for now?"




"Hairat mara ze har do jahan be niaz kard. 
"It is as Allah wills. Humbleness, HE teaches through His own ways. And to Him I subscribe and submit".


"I have nothing to say." And she stopped.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

" Love me back " And she stopped

meer said...

The awe!

leenah. said...

My dear IYM,

There is a master's (Faiz) verse in Urdu that reads, " Jo talab pe ehd-e-wafa lia, tou abroo'ay wafa gaee"

and which means, 'the vow of devotion, when (needed to be)asked for; comes without the poise of fervor'.

On another note though, how could we deduce that every individual could love?


meer,
thanks for dropping by :)

meer said...

On the context of every emotion and feeling being mutual and less of selfless. Existance itself is in direct correlation to the need for every .... to love. Depth however varies.

duboya mujhko hone ne, na hota maiN to kya hota ?

leenah. said...

I agree, meer.
Depth varies, on a limitless scale.


"
duboya mujhko hone ne, na hota maiN to kya hota?"
thats a million dollar question! :)

Qurat ul ain said...

Great piece of writing. Masha Allah. You can easily beat Paulo Cohelo if you ever publish something. Maybe you owe it to everyone to do so (publish i mean) :)

leenah. said...

Qurat, with such bountiful appreciation, you know you embarrass me! :)

I hope Mr. Coelho doesn't get to know this! ;)