About This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another December In A Growing World


Its an early December night, drawing close to the Cinderella hour. The chilling breath of cold winter is yet to find its way to reach this place.  The sunlit mornings are yet to turn grey, and the hazard lights at the vehicles havent begun blinking either.

A few more days, a much awaited rain, may be, and I shall turn on the car heater on our way to school early in the morn. When the cold foggy car window would be touched by my prince's warm li'll nose and on it his little finger would start tracing his name. 

This world is such a lovely place when you are a kid.  Life comes just one at a day, and tomorrow just means another toy! 
When winter only means wearing mittens and NO ice creams (since we dont have snow here to have a li'll broader description) and summers mean lots of ice cream and wading pool!
When  night only means sleep, and day is fun alone! 
When home means sandals, and out means sneakers.
When outing means toys, and eat-out means Nando's (and toys!)
When good means 'acting' big, and bad means ... ah well, its always "i am not!" :p
When elder is the one who drives to school, and kid is the one who goes to school!
When near means mama, and far means .......... far.


I look at this softly breathing angel cuddled under covers, and I wish for warmth to always  ALWAYS keep lighting in his heart. The sunlit morns to always welcome his wakings, and the starry nights to always sing him lullaby.
I wish for him to know of cold only as a temperature range on the thermometer, and of foggy to be nothing but being the heavy moisture laden air on a cold chilly morn......


I guess its time to sleep.

The night has stepped across the Cinderella hour. 





Image Courtesy: This Vintage Chica

2 comments:

meer said...

Schools in December was something of a feeling. A sort of rush to get away with the extra classes of the day as fast , and hence I had this (sort of a crazy) theory that I could travel westwards fast enough, I would reach the end of the day earlier.Then I would take my bi-cycle and rush towards that direction. It would not happen, but I was away from school anyway and that would be almost a wish fulfilled.
Now I reflect upon those days and realize that innocence had it's spring in winter!

-meer

leenah. said...

Your theory made me smile :). The novelty of childhood innocence has such a bewitching charm!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Have a heart-warming winter!